I make quiches all the time due to the fact that my customers love them……secret is no soggy bottoms! The perfect quiche method:
- Chill your pastry and tin before lining it.
- Always save a small amount of uncooked pastry for repairs.
- Bake pastry that has been lined with baking parchment and filled with baking beans in a hot oven 200 degrees.
- If there are any cracks in cooked pastry fill with uncooked pastry so the egg mixture does not seep through.
- Turn oven to 165 degrees and fill your cooked pastry case.
- Always bake on the oven tray rather than the racks. This will also help to keep the bottom crispy.
Cooking quiches this way will ensure perfection every time!